This page sets out the terms and conditions for Paint The Town Green! Award by Platinum Victory (“the Contest”). Taking SUSTAINABILITY as its core theme, the Contest aims (a) to serve The Palette as a platform for designers to showcase their work and potential, and (b) to educate and promote the importance of sustainability and environment awareness in order to improve the knowledge of the general public to be more environmentally-responsible.
The Contest calls for participants to conceptualize a sustainable and creative design focusing on three aspects, i.e. interior design, landscaping and architecture, including but not limited to designs for wall mural, public and social spaces for The Palette.
You are advised to read these terms and conditions carefully before you register to participate and/or to submit any entry to the Contest. By proceed to register as a participant, you agree that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, in whole or in part, please discontinue registering and/or participating the Contest accordingly.
1. Organiser & Eligibility
1.1 Platinum Victory Holdings Sdn. Bhd. (Company No. 881788-K) (“the Organiser”) is the organizer of Paint The Town Green! Award.
1.2 Subject to Clause 1.3 below, the Contest is open to all individual of any nationality who has attained at least eighteen (18) years of age.
1.3 The following groups of person shall not be eligible to participate in this Contest, namely:-
- Employees of the Organiser (including all companies or entities within its group of companies) and their immediate family members (including spouses, children, parents and siblings); and/or
- Representatives, employees, servants, selected service providers, panel judges and/or agents of advertising and/or promotion service providers of the Organiser (including all companies or entities within its group of companies) and their immediate family members (including spouses, children, parents and siblings).
2. Contest Period & Submission
2.1 The Contest can be participated individually or as a group of not more than five (5) individuals. Individuals or groups may submit multiple entries (a separate competition entry form must accompany each entry); however, each participant (individually or in group) can only win one prize.
2.2 To register for the Contest, a valid email is mandatory for online registration, login and submission. For group participants, ONE (1) primary email address and ONE (1) secondary email address is required, and it will be designated as the single point of contact of the group.
2.3 All participants must complete their details and submit the competition entry form via www.thepalette.com.my (“the Contest Webpage”) within the registration period commencing on 14th June 2019 and ending on 30 September 2019, 11.59pm. Any registration not within this registration period will not be accepted.
2.4 Personal details and information that are required in the competition entry form must be in accordance with the participant’s valid identification document and all such information provided must be true, correct and accurate.
2.5 For each contest entry: –
- Participant will design and conceptualize the improvement idea at the designated area as shown in the layout plan available at www.thepalette.com.my.
- All participants will be furnished with 4 items (SketchUp file, AutoCAD file, Submission Guide PDF and Submission HTML) of the subject reference of The Palette (“the Project”) together with a submission guide within 24 hours upon registration. A copy of the submission guide will also be available at the Contest Webpage for reference purpose.
- Participants are required to work on the conceptual design and submission thereof by referring to the Project and the thematic given, whereby:-
- conceptual design shall evolve around the Project;
- submission shall refer to the Project and in accordance with the thematic given; and
- submission shall be able to enhance and use the Project as tools/base of the design.
- Concept and design should also contain a well-balanced between hardscape and softscape elements.
- Participant is required to submit conceptual drawings of:-
- 3 compulsory angle views: front, back and aerial;
- 2 additional angle views (to further elaborate the proposal);
- Schematic plan; and
- Additional information given will be an added advantage
- The output format shall be:
- 3D rendering and/or hand-sketches for angle views; and
- 2D for schematic plan
- Participant may further add on different angle views to present the message or thought.
- Submission is required to be accompanied with descriptions that explain the concept behind the work.
- Submission must be presented in English language.
- Name of the participant, school or any identification MUST NOT appear on the drawing, presentation boards and/or mentioned in video presentation (if any).
- Participant to refer to the tenants (e.g.: Black Ice, Inside Scoop, Moge Tee, Thai Boy Street Food) listed on the Contest Webpage for each architectural unit used/functionality.
2.6 Submission documents shall consist of the below:
- A0 poster size (portrait or landscape) in High Resolution Portable Document (PDF) file format with minimum 300dpi resolution. (Must not exceed 20MB)
- The Rationales of Design and Concept
- The Rationales of 5 Elements under Sustainability:
- Creativity and Innovativeness
- All the rationale must be:
- Separated and not exceeding 500 words for each topic; and
- accompanied with visual/illustration for easy understanding.
All submission documents must be zipped into a folder and uploaded to any online storage (e.g.: Google Drive, WeTransfer etc) and thereafter be shared in the submission form on the Contest Webpage.
2.7 All registered participants must submit their submission documents at www.thepalette.com.my/submission, on or before 30th September 2019, 11.59pm (“Close of Submission”). No physical submission will be allowed or accepted.
2.8 Registered participants who fail, refuse or unable to submit their design, drawings and/or such other competition materials before end of submission on 30th September 2019, 11.59pm, and in accordance with the requirement stipulated herein, for whatsoever reason, will be disqualified.
3. Submitted Materials
3.1 All design, drawings and/or such other competition materials submitted for the Contest (“the Submitted Materials”) must be the original works produced by the participants and must not include, be based on or derived from any pre-existing or third-party designs, architectural drawings or copyrighted images.
3.2 Participants are advised to take into consideration of all relevant legal, safety as well as environmental quality requirements when creating and developing the concept, design, drawings as well as suggested construction materials, including but not limited to compliance with Street, Drainage and Building Act 1974, Environmental Quality Act 1974, Lembaga Pembangunan Industri Pembinaan Malaysia Act 1994 and such other relevant standards or recommended industry practices.
3.3 The Submitted Materials must be unpublished or has never been submitted to any other competitions or events, including but not limited to any of the past and/or current competitions organized by the Organiser and/or any other party.
3.4 Entries consist of materials owned by third parties will be automatically disqualified from the Contest. Any finalists or winners will be removed from the participant’s title and winnings; and all prizes awarded shall be returned immediately.
3.5 Participants shall indemnify and hold harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law, the Organiser, its officers, directors, employees, agents from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs, debts and/or expenses of any nature whatsoever arising from participation to the Contest, breach and/or violation of any term in these terms and conditions, breach and/or violation of any third party right of any nature whatsoever, including but not limited to copyright, intellectual property, property and/or data protection rights. The Organiser reserves all rights to take the necessary actions against such participants in the event of any claim or action taken as a result of or arising from the usage of such unauthorised materials.
3.6 All costs incurred for participating in the Contest shall be at the sole costs and expenses of the participants.
4. Winners Selection and Prizes
4.1 Shortlisted finalists of the Contest will be announced on 12th October 2019 or such other date(s) as published on the Contest Webpage.
4.2 The shortlisted finalists will be notified via telephone, email and/or SMS and be invited to attend a sharing session with panel judges on 19th October 2019 (or such other date(s) as published on the Contest Webpage) and the presentation session on 26th October 2019 (or such other date(s) as published on the Contest Webpage).
4.3 For shortlisted participants’ presentation, the participants will be required to present their concept
or design to panel of judges, whereupon:-
- each participant/team will be given 10 minutes to present the concept.
- presentation shall be conducted in PowerPoint (ppt) format with concept description and to be projected on screen. Each presentation shall consist of no less than TWENTY (20) PowerPoint slides.
- participant is advised to present any ONE (1) area/corner that best convey the concept. These are add-on images on top of the images submitted. Participant can focus on specific part, e.g.: landscape, interior design etc.
- a Q&A session from panel of judges will be carried to further understand the presented concept.
Do note that the name of the participant, school or any identification MUST NOT appear on the boards and/or mentioned in presentation material. Further note that, pre-recorded presentation will not be allowed, and any participant(s) presents with pre-recorded presentation will be disqualified.
4.4 The top 10 finalists announcement will be made on 9th November 2019 or such other date(s) as published on the Contest Webpage. Top 3 Winners will be announced at the prize giving ceremony where all the finalists shall attend. The Organiser shall have the rights to revoke any prizes to finalists or winners who fail to attend and be present at the prize giving ceremony.
- 7x consolation prizes of RM1,000.00 each worth of cash vouchers and certificate
- 1x prize of RM3,000.00 cash for 2nd runner up and certificate
- 1x prize of RM5,000.00 cash for 1st runner up and certificate
- 1x grand prize of RM8,000.00 cash for grand winner, trophy and certificate.
Subject to Clause 6 below, the Submitted Materials from the finalists may be published; and subject to Clause 5 below, the grand winner’s concept and design may be adopted as a whole or in part where deemed fit by the Organiser.
For avoidance of doubt, the prize money and/or reward above shall be the full and total consideration for utilising the documents and drawings prepared by the winner(s) and/or any of the participants, including for the purpose of rendering any works from such documents and drawings.
4.6 Prizes will be awarded on per entry basis (individually or in group). Contest entry in group shall be entitled to one prize only notwithstanding that there is more than one member thereto.
4.7 The Organiser and its selected panel judges will be judging the Submitted Materials. The judging and evaluation criteria are: